Newark’s HRT Facility-Project cost is 50 cents/gal
The City of Newark started up their new 30 mgd High Rate Treatment (HRT) facility in 2011. Wet weather flow is diverted to the HRT when plant capacity is exceeded. Effluent criteria is a minimum 80% removal of TSS and 126/100 ml E. Coli.
The entire 30mgd facility fits on a 65 ft x 195 ft footprint.
Major items of the process include:
1. Pumps – Five Flygt pumps, each 6000 gpm at 30 ft
2. Screens – Two Parkson AquaGuard™ Screens, 6mm, each 15 mgd
3. Grit Removal – Two Eutek Headcells™ by Hydro International, each 15 mgd, 12 ft dia, 904 sq ft surface area(each), 95% removal greater than 150 mesh
4. HRT – two 15 mgd Actiflo™ units by Kruger, 60gpm/sf
5. UV Disinfection – One Trojan Trojan UV4000Plus, 28 mgd